Continually improve your business with the hazard analysis critical control points
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a systematic preventive approach to food safety, which relates not only to physical, chemical and biological hazards, but also to the preventive process by which the manufacturer monitors, control, identify and analyze certain critical points in the production of food, which may eventually lead to their contamination.
As a scheme that is fully compliant and meets all the criteria issued by the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), which is established by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, HACCP is essential in meeting all national and international regulations related to food safety and correctness. It is suitable for primary and secondary producers as much as for processors, and, for many companies that deal with this activity, can be the key to their success in placing their products on the market.
Who needs HACCP?
HACCP is a regionally widespread system and is implemented by organizations of various sizes and activities:
- All organizations involved in the production and processing of food (bakers, butchers, dairies, slaughterhouses, pastry shops, producers of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, fruit and vegetable processors, producers of confectionery products etc.);
- All manufacturers and processors of drinking water, as well as water used or added during the preparation, processing or production of food;
- All organizations dealing with packaging and prepackaging of food products;
- All organizations dealing with the storage, transport and distribution of all food products;
- All organizations involved in the preparation and distribution of food for the needs of hospitals, children’s institutions, hotels, restaurants, airline and other companies;
- All facilities for public and collective feeding (public kitchen, canteens, hospitals, kindergartens, schools, etc.);
- All catering facilities, catering services etc.
What does HACCP bring?
Every organization that implements HACCP into its business not only receives a certificate demonstrating that it meets all domestic and international regulations on food safety, but at the same time acquires the opportunity to expand its operations much more easily and efficiently in the foreign market.
Moreover, the HACCP system allows you to:
- Ensure the quality and safety of food;
- Build confidence on manufacturers, stakeholders and suppliers about your controls;
- Integrate the HACCP system with ISO 22000, with the aim of improving the food safety management system;
- Effectively manage the risks of food safety through the entire supply chain;
- Regularly review and improve your system in order to remain effective;
- Fulfill the requirements of legal regulations and more efficient inspection;
- Increase the competitiveness of your organization on the international market;
- Enable efficient implementation of new technologies and products;
- Increase profits through continuous production of a safe product;
- Provide evidence of safe production and handling of food products;
- Increase the confidence of the producers in their own product, which ensures the confidence of consumers in the ability of the company;
- Satisfy HACCP customer requirements as well as international standards;
- Harmonize your business with legal regulations.
Also, if you have already started implementing HACCP, we can help you to complete the entire process more easily and thus gain more benefits from this system.
Just select the phase in which you are and begin today with creating a better future for your business.