Continually improve your business with the general requierements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
This international standard establishes general requirements for competence, impartiality and consistency in laboratory work and is applicable to all organizations that perform laboratory activities, regardless of the number of laboratory staff. ISO 17025 may also be used by users of laboratory services, legislative bodies, organizations and schemes used for collegial evaluation, accreditation bodies and others, when harmonizing or recognizing the competence of the laboratory.
By its implementation, testing and calibration is carried out using standard, non-standard and methods developed in laboratories. Also, ISO 17025 sets out the laws that laboratories have to respect to prove that they have implemented a quality system, or that they are technically competent and able to provide technically good results.
ISO 17025 brings many benefits to control bodies, and among other things, the certification of this standard enables the following:
- Easier control of all processes and well-defined procedures and accompanying documentation;
- The achievement of the international recognition of technical competences leads to greater trust among customers and other stakeholders, which further opens possibilities for expanding placements to new markets;
- Employees are more informed and defects, failure and repairs are reduced;
- Better corporate image in the eyes of regulators, consumers, employees, and the whole society;
- Time and money savings due to the reduction or elimination of the need to re-test the product;
- Better control of laboratory operations and providing feedback to laboratories about whether they are technically competent;
- Validation of the test method;
- Traceability of measurement and calibration of national standards;
- Sustainability, calibration and maintenance of testing equipment.
Also, in case you have already started with the implementation of ISO 17025, we can help you to complete the entire process more easily and thus gain more benefits from this standard.
Just select the phase in which you are and begin today with creating a better future for your business.