Continually improve your business with the international occupational health and safety system
According to the latest surveys, each year on a global level more than 350,000 deaths and more than 270 million injuries are caused by poor and unsafe conditions of workers at their workplace.
With the aim of preventing these situations or minimizing the risk of their occurrence, ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety System was established.
Among other things, this system helps companies and organizations to:
- Create the best possible working conditions for their employees;
- Identify hazards and establish measures for their control;
- Reduce the number of accidents and illnesses in the workplace, which also reduces additional costs and congestion;
- Engage and motivate employees with better and safer working conditions;
- Demonstrate to customers and suppliers that they meet all the requirements of the standard.
Although ISO 45001 relies on OHSAS 18001, it is important to note that it is still a new and specific standard, not an audit or an update. For this reason, in order to maintain organizational alignment, many organizations will need to change their current thinking and working practices.